On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, COVID-19.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released new interim guidelines for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and 911 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPS). Interim Guidance for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Systems and 911 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) for 2019-nCoV in the United States.
- The Division reminds all first responders to practice universal precautions to minimize exposure during care and to follow the new interim guidelines identified by the CDC to include the following PPE:
- A single pair of disposable patient examination gloves,
- Disposable isolation gown,
- Respiratory protection (i.e., N-95 or higher-level respirator), and
- Eye protection (i.e., goggles or disposable face shield that fully covers the front and sides of the face).
- Providers should continue to familiarize themselves with the developing 2019-nCoV outbreak and review the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html
- Review the most recent NH DPHS Health Alert Network (HAN) message(s), located: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/alerts/han.htm
- February 1, 2020: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Update #3
- January 29, 2020: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)-1/29/2020 Webinar Link Updated
- January 27, 2020: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Update #2
- January 21, 2020: Novel Coronavirus (nCoV-2019) Identified in Wuhan, China
Immediately report any suspect cases to DPHS by calling 603-271-4496 (after hours 603-271-5300).