same with my 2006 dodge charger,I change the alterator then took it to be tested and nothing was wrong with the alernator,now Im going to chage the battery,cause everything else looks good,any more ideas? All the sudden I get a message that says "service air bag". A private mechanic repaired the resistor in October 2008; however, the failure occurred again. Did you clean the battery terminals and relevant connectors? I bought in February. Installed new Alternator. whats going on?? The contact was unable to see any of the gauges on the instrument panel, including the tachometer and speedometer, which also failed intermittently. My battery won’t hold charge in one car but it will in another. Bot an 06 Lacerne at auction. Any one of these symptoms can be a sign of a weak charging system. Nothing can ruin a day like a dead battery, so if this light comes on, it’s time to take your vehicle to your trusted mechanic to have them find the source of the problem. This can be caused by a short or ground in the rotor field winding within the alternator or a defective regulator. I replaced the alternator because it was bad. I gotta drive it around the block every night before I sleep. I recently cleaned the battery terminals and cable connectors. Please help. Rebuilt alternators are junk, if you installed a rebuilt my guess would be it failed. This means there is some circuit in the car continuing to use power even after the car is shut off. I change the fuel real pressure sensor. Speedometer stopped functioning. Our vehicle has 38,000 miles. it really has me so irritated. But first, rule out some other possible causes, including a loose or worn alternator belt. Always the same story I get in my car and the battery light and brake light are on usually for a day or so then no power. Please what could be responsible for it. I have a 1997 Honda Civic EX I’m having charging problems check the battery and the alternator and they are good check all the grounds and the wiring and everything is in its place alternator and battery are brand new when I start the car and take the negative wire off the car shuts off can someone please help. Got home put everything back in same happened the next day. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. If you have GM charging system problems, you must first understand how they work. Once you’ve gone through solutions 1-3, you may need to consider replacing the entire unit if the noise persists. It displays I'm driving @ 120 mph and gets stuck there, when I'm only going approximately 30-40 mph. good luck, I have an 87 Dodge Ramcharger 4 by I just put a new battery and alternator and it still won’t charge, I have a 2008 trailblazer the no charge light comes on and the volt meter in the dash reads 9 volts i took it to a shop to have the problem diagnosed the problem disappeared the shop said they did nothing to and to diagnose the problem would be speculation. Could possibly even be a gage issue or the regulator going out in the alternator but I'd check the wiring first if I were you. car dies when battery cable removed. If the alternator or regulator fails, the battery will run down and the vehicle may not crank or start. checks the connections and they were all secure. The brake lines and fuel lines rusty to the point that they are leaking need to be replaced.the blend motor for HVAC isn't working right. I also got the fan replaced in the car btw it’s a 2007 pt crusier. Relay? The approximate failure was 80,000. The two most likely causes are a defective field-circuit ground or a bad light circuit wire or connector. We’d recommend calling the Summit tech line at 330-630-0240…they can help you track down the specific problem. Same problem. Measure charging system load voltage with a high-current-condition system measurement. If the problem continues and your charging system fails, the battery won’t be able to recharge and it will soon run down, leaving you with a dead battery. What you may need is a, Silikhan Publishing Group & GM-Trucks.com, 1999-2013 Silverado & Sierra (GMT-800/900), Screen and Gauges won’t dim + Auto Lights won’t DRL, Breaking News - UAW and GM Reach Tentative Agreement, Costco Kicks Off Season of Values With Great GM Vehicle Deals, "Silverado Race Truck" Previews Future Silverado ZRX, New Face For 2021 Chevy Colorado Debuts On Hall Racing ZR2, Following a Hopeful Stretch UAW Now Says Strike Deal Moving Backwards. would greatly appreciated! We’d recommend a call to the Summit guys at 1-800-230-3030 to confirm but they can get you hooked up with the right replacement parts. Solution #3: If the alternator is supplying proper voltage, chances are the problem lies with your battery. 1) Charging System Failure Removing the ground path on a running vehicle is naturally going to shut the car off. Isit possible water ingress could cause intermittent fault… it was wet when the fault appeared. Needed resistor, connector and blower to repair. Anything from a low battery condition, poor grounds and or poor connections can really give you a run for your money! In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. Same problem!!. If the vehicle keeps running after a period of time, there’s likely a problem with your battery. For minutes car is running fine then generate /tac / radio The failure mileage was 75,000. Bought a brand new battery and a multimeter due to starting problems and found that when my lights are ON I get 14v when the engine is running and when the lights are OFF I get 12v ish when it’s running?! If your vehicle has stopped running, jumpstart the engine, remove the jumper cables as quickly as possible, and wait. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!! The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. so I went and got the truck a little muddy today, as im driving home the "charging system failure" light and red battery light came on. One of the electrical circuits in your car has what is called a “small amp draw”. The vehicle was not taken to dealer for inspection or repair. We’d also suggest you have the alternator tested at a local parts store to verify that it is working properly. Installed new voltage regulator . The current mileage was 119,000. Not to be out done, some will even do the part replacement work on all new parts you purchase from them for free! Fast forward to May 9, 2010 and 50,000 miles later, the same thing happened and GM corporate told me there was nothing they could do even though this same model vehicle has been recalled in Canada for the same problem. We agree you have a draw on the system. does anyone have any advice or comments. just was looking for some Ideas before I got it home. Are you running an extra electrical accessories? could the alternator have caused all those problems? By Bad cables will not deliver the full current flow needed to operate properly. I have a blue 2 prong up by the alternator brown and orange wires can’t figure out how to hook it up it’s called the mystery wire 2000 Chevy Impala v6 3800. When ignition of battery voltage is about 11v, when engine running voltage on battery is not stable And usually below 13v, but on alternator is stable 14.5v. Im thinking so too, i took it to auto zone the battery was tested as fine just reading low voltage he said he couldnt test the alternator because the battery voltage was so low. Now the code reader says check engine is now transmission control module. So, my husband has changed our alternator 3 times in a month, finally changed the battery, only for the battery light to stay… Drive 5 mins and the battery start losing its power… What could be causing this problem???

Lagotto Romagnolo Breeders, 2014 Honda Rancher 420 Problems, Milogin Michigan Gov Third Party, Top Secret Font Google Docs, Kurs Dolara Prognozy, Tricia Griffith Political Donations, Patrick Laine Sailor Age, Christian Help Chat, Airfix Harrier Gr3,