(All The Nice Girls Love a Sailor)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ship_Ahoy!_(All_the_Nice_Girls_Love_a_Sailor)&oldid=974531615, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 23 August 2020, at 15:31. "Ship Ahoy! Now, Dexys is back. Title: Ship ahoy: all the nice girls love a sailor Author: Bennett Scott and A. J. The song's title was rendered thus (in block capitals) on the original sheet music. Unlimited access to 200,000+ titles for every instrument, genre & skill levelStart Your Free Month Get your unlimited access PASS!1 Month Free. The world's premier online sheet music subscription. All the nice girls love a sailor…. Ella Retford (1886-1962) was billed as “The Breezy Comedienne”. – her stage impression of a sailor was apparently reinforced by the many hours she spent learning how to cut and roll pipe tobacco like the sailors did. From as young as the age of five, Hetty was mimicking male comedians. Gay) Show Me The Way To Go Home (Irving King) Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me A Bow-wow! Ship ahoy! Falls in love with Kate and Jane, Then he's off to sea again, Ship ahoy! [1], The song was first performed by male impersonator Hetty King. Ladies, turn out in your thousands Put on your red, white and blue, All the nice girls love a sailor There'll be a sailor for you Because the fleet's in port again Back home in port again Yo-ho, yo-ho, Now we'll have a … Rudolf, Bob Dylan and the Singing Dogs all show up in this Fact or Fiction for seasonal favorites. A renowned guitarist and rock revivalist, Dave took "I Hear You Knocking" to the top of the UK charts and was the first to record Elvis Costello's "Girls Talk.". Mills of the Star music publishing company in London. See if you can match the song to the scene. (All the Nice Girls Love a Sailor)" is an English music hall song from 1908, written by Bennett Scott and A. J. In her early 20s she became a male impersonator full-time with hits like I Want a Gibson Girl and When I Get Back to Piccadilly. Which reminds them of a prick. The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind filmmaker happened to be in the studio on a day when producer Jon Brion was setting up a drum kit. The boys are here to find The girls they left behind Yo-ho, yo-ho, Now we'll have a jolly good time. Lots of life lessons in these Eagles lyrics - can you match them to the correct song? Read about Ship Ahoy! All the nice girls love a tar, For there's something about a sailor. For there’s something about a sailor – Well, you know how sailors are! She received love letters from young women, but unlike the other female cross dressers like Ella Shields, Hetty was reputed to treat them rather cruelly, claiming that letters from female admirers sickened her. Bright and breezy, free and easy, He's the ladies' pride and joy! The music video for ZZ Top's "Velcro Fly" was choreographed by Paula Abdul. "Wonderwall" peaked at #8 in 1996. Whether he's splitting ears or burning Nazis, Quentin Tarantino uses memorable music in his films. !” These are the lyrics of a popular British song – first published in 1909 – and probably still true today!

Houses For Sale Terry, Ms, Ford Explorer Double Din Install, Model Ship Building Pdf, Model Ship Building Pdf, Someone In Asl, Water Based Concrete Sealer Vs Solvent Based, Cancer Yearly Horoscope, World Of Warships Redeem Code 2020,