4 months ago. I've mostly grown up watching dubbed anime though due to Dragon Ball Super it was my first form of subbed anime and I've grown to like it quite a lot, possibly even more then the dub. report. Sub is SO much better because the voice actors are chosen by the creators and the voices are represented with their characters. Either or depending on your preference but how about both? However, I liked the songs and the VAs more in Japanese though. save. Can you let me know how you like it compared to the sub? (Note: the film is fantastic either way.) Anyways, I accidentally saw Your Name in dub first, and then went to watch it again in sub to see which I liked more. Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://myanimelist.net/profile/Jayde9997. In dub, the comedy is much better. Reading subtitles and hearing a dub are still both translations, right? 44% Upvoted. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, http://myanimelist.net/animelist/mathdude3, https://myanimelist.net/animelist/SpaceButterfly, https://kitsu.io/users/181650/library?sort=title, https://myanimelist.net/profile/Banankontakt. - Gestern, heute und für immer ist ein Anime von Makoto Shinkai mit Ryunosuke Kamiki, Mone Kamishiraishi und Kaito Ishikawa. Mitsuha and Taki are two total strangers living completely different lives. 184. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, http://myanimelist.net/animelist/YesterEve, https://myanimelist.net/profile/Nepgearup. After a wish, they become connected through their dreams. On the one hand I do think it's really cool that they got the same band to do the same songs in English, and musically they're still fine, but I felt like the lyrics were kind of awkward at some points. 0. Is it worth it, this close to finals week? 68. Other than that, I thought the localization was handled remarkably well. I'm going to watch a screening of Your Name tomorrow. This thread is archived. Below is all just my personal opinion, but I liked the dub more. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I guess they decided to do an English version to appeal to a wider audience. But the school is not all that it seems, and when Mary tells a lie, she must risk her life to try to set things right. Can I get some help finding Your Name/Kimi no Na wa at 1080p with Eng Subs? I got tickets for Your Name Dubbed and as someone who watches anime with subtitles I'm not sure if I made a mistake or not. Posted by. The dub is serviceable but the sub is just better. My only hope is that they translate (or at least put a sub) on some of the text because it actually plays an important part. and it contains some cut or deleted original scenes and it is longer than the one post on RADWIMPS Youtube site. (Original Japanese Version) (Subbed), Cookies help us deliver our services. There are a couple scenes that I'm sure they changed for the localization, but that really only comes from a general knowledge of how anime works. I initially didn't think it was going to be that way from the dub trailer but after watching the whole thing dub I felt like something was 'off' with her performance. (Dubbed) Romance Mitsuha and Taki are two total strangers living completely different lives. From the visionary mind of Masaaki Yuasa comes a joyous twist on the classic fairy tale about a little mermaid who comes ashore to join a middle-school rock band and propel them to fame. None of it actually stuck out in a negative way, and I'm sure if I wasn't an anime fan I never would have noticed in the first place. I've tried but the most I can find is either the Eng Subs is 720p, it's 1080p but it's either the English Dub or Jap Dub with no subtitles OR it's dual audio in a different format and my laptop can't play it... it's really frustrating. I preferred the voices in sub to be honest. save. I'd really appreciate it! A part of me kind of wants to stay and watch the dub too. Posted by 6 months ago. Your Name isn't one of them. Mitsuha and Taki are two total strangers living completely different lives. Press J to jump to the feed. Rentals are not eligible. The only responses you'll get to this are based on people's biases for/against dubs. Anyways, I accidentally saw Your Name in dub first, and then went to watch it again in sub to see which I liked more. You'll miss out from watching the dub so I would implore you to watch the sub if possible. 184. Now I'm watching another anime in sub and cannot stand it in its dub form. Maybe you can find something there that you'll like ^.^. I got tickets for Your Name Dubbed and as someone who watches anime with subtitles I'm not sure if I made a mistake or not. By purchasing this item, you are transacting with Google Payments and agreeing to the Google Payments. Your Name. User account menu. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. 0 comments. Your Name. 0:00. Yeah figures, the movies so mainstream so the dub has to play it safe. so I'm a bit shocked that the dub turned out as competent as it did. In the dub I found Mitsuha's voice actor Stephanie Sheh to, for some reason, be less than ideal. A useful wiki page with watch orders for many anime. Eligible if purchased with select payment methods. Can I get some help finding Your Name/Kimi no Na wa at 1080p with Eng Subs? Some animes are better dubbed. Your Name Sub vs Dub. 7. Watch sub if possible. What would be the best way to experience this from somebody who likes both but is only new to subs? How would we miss out on symbols/metaphors if it's a dub? Is there a big difference between the two? I was able to notice a lot of little things and foreshadows, but here's your answer about the sub vs the dub. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Hi mathdude3, it seems like you might be looking for anime recommendations! My apologies for the background noise and cracked camera. I have been looking for the dub for awhile as well but I really wanted to watch it so I sucked it up and forked over some cash for the sub version. save. Mitsuha's original voice in Japanese is really refreshing to listen to. I would recommend seeing at minimum the sub and then if you find that you have some free time later go watch the dub. I watched the sub on a plane before, today I will be seeing the dub in theaters to compare the two. Our Discord server. Mary is an ordinary young girl stuck in the country with her Great-Aunt Charlotte when she discovers an old broomstick and the strange flower that blossoms only once every seven years. Log In Sign Up. Taki's english voice does sound good and fits the character, imo, but Mitsuha's voice just seems... off. Years later, one of her former tormentors sets out to make amends. hide. I'm mostly concerned with how good the VAs are. I know I'm not. Watch the trailer for both dub and sub and see if you're fine with the dub voices. Many supernatural factors and time travel cross path with their story. Just my thoughts, dubs are fine for visually stunning shows/movies. I'm contemplating seeing it again later on this week. share. You might also find our Recommendation Wiki or Weekly Recommendation Thread helpful. I'm finally going to watch it! Please please please watch it in sub. The dub is just trying too hard to sound like a generic anime girl, not hating dub but I just couldn't listen to Mitsuha's voice in English. the more people see it the more we tell companies that anime in theaters make money and the more they will do it, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Together, Kun and Mirai go on a journey through time and space, uncovering their family’s incredible story, in this magical and emotionally soaring adventure about the ties that bring families together and make us who we are. I was wondering if anyone has a Drive link for Your Name? All his previous films are dubbed. Heard from the few that have seen it that its a good dub. After a wish, they become connected through their dreams. I've seen both and thought the dub was actually better (with the exception of the songs which have dubbed over voices). share. Play. When four-year-old Kun meets his new baby sister, his world is turned upside down. The lead singer is fluent in English and lived in the States for a bit. The dub was already released in the UK wasn't it? Originally I thought I was going to have a problem with Taki bc of the trailer but his performance didn't sound any alarms in my head. Named Mirai (meaning "future"), the baby quickly wins the hearts of Kun's entire family. The real question is if you'd rather read and get the "original experience," or listen to a slightly more "westernized" interpretation of the dialogue. TYSM, Iv'e been looking for an hd sub for sooo long! I've heard that the dub is actually pretty good for this film and that they re-dubbed all the songs with the original band. Hey guys! 28. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. 28. This is literally the only anime so far (other than DBZ) that I've liked the dub better. The only way to truly get the "original experience" is to be fluent in that language. share. I hate that flow chart for some reason. I haven't seen the movie myself, but if anyone says, "it looks stunning" then I'd say watching the dub is fine since watching a sub generally means part of the viewing is spent reading instead of looking at the animation quality. Suddenly, Mary finds herself whisked away to Endor College – a school of magic run by Madam Mumblechook and the brilliant Doctor Dee. Your Name Sub vs Dub. In dub, the comedy is much better. I was hoping somebody here has seen both the sub and dub and could recommend one or the other. I was hoping somebody here has seen both the sub and dub and could recommend one or the other. The only localization issue I had was with the music rather than the dialog translations or acting. In der Anime-Romanze Your Name wird zwischen einem Jungen aus der Stadt und einem Mädchen vom Lande, die sich nie getroffen haben, im Traum eine Verbindung mittels eines Körpertauschs hergestellt. I'm going to watch a screening of Your Name tomorrow. Start within 30 days, finish within 48 hours. Obviously, it's easier to focus on the visuals when you're not reading subs. 0:00. I've heard that the dub is actually pretty good for this film and that they re-dubbed all the songs with the original band. It wasn't enough to distract me from the movie, but it did feel a little silly at times. Log in sign up. But how would it being a dub make a difference? And the dub was really well done in my opinion too. This is the original, full, album version of Sparkle - the song in Kimi no Na Wa. Posted by 7 hours ago. I would like to know if Makoto Shinkai's latest film Your Name will be dubbed in English. Kun becomes increasingly jealous of her, until one day he storms off into the garden, where he encounters strange guests from the past and future – including his sister Mirai, as a teenager. From acclaimed director Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children) comes a daringly original story of love passed down through generations.

Ayr Police Incident, Syracuse University Interior Design, Easyjet Recruitment Process, What Is Acetylcholine, Brown In Sign Language, Suzuki Swift Sport 2016 Specs, Rastar Remote Control Cars, Uconn Basketball Recruiting Ranking, Broken Arm Survival Kit, Syracuse University Interior Design,