The .38 Special provides a no stress adventure into the hobby of reloading. Use only as directed. Full Metal Jacket projectiles are the ideal choice for training, target shooting and general range use. The .38 Colt. You need to be very careful when using the Lyman Manual. Thread starter TPod; Start date Nov 14, 2019; TPod. Thanks. PLEASE buy another loading manual.... preferably one by the manufacturer of your bullets and refer to that. 2 alloy formula is 195 grains. If the idea is to duplicate Britain’s .38/200-grain military load, Lyman’s mould 358430 is actually intended as a handloader’s equivalent to the factory Super Police 200-grain roundnose. This means you can get the lead data mixed with the jacketed ammo data. Dyslexics of the world UNTIE! At about the same time, Colt did the same thing with the .38 Special, calling it the .38 Colt Special – again the only difference in factory loads being a flatnose on the 158-grain bullet. My 1:20 tin-to-lead blend brings them in right at 200 grains. Once i do that ill pick the the average medium and start with that. This way if there is a typo - you don't pay for it with a blown up gun. by chrismartin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:46 pm, Post If the look of a wadcutter bullet sticking out of a .38 Long Colt case disturbs traditionalists, Buffalo Arms is a source of cast hollowpoint roundnose bullets of alloy soft enough to expand as needed. Let’s look at .38 S&W at this point. I have the lyman reloading book and according to it I should start with 2.8 grains of clays. Reply With Quote. Bullet ... 158 gr: Lead SWC (Montana Cast Bullets) WIN WSP: No. WST or Competition would be my first choice. The .38 Special is still offered by virtually all American revolver manufacturers, and of course, it can be fired in all .357 Magnum revolvers. I'm not aware of anyone who recommends lead data only. 4.2 gr. Neither The High Road nor any of its directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. For example, my 1969 .357 Magnum SAA’s barrel slugs .354 inch. A magnum primer will drive a 158 gr LSWC almost completely out of a 4" barrel. JHP, 158 gr. 3.1 is the max. Standard Plate Bullets Max Velocity: 1,250 fps. I would like to duplicate the Sellier & Bellot factory loads I’ve been shooting. These sizes carried on through Colt’s decades of .38 Special revolver manufacturing and into .357 Magnum Pythons, Troopers and SAAs. If not there are a LOT of published books out there that will not only help, but assist you in learning. With a charge of only 3.1 grains of Winchester 231 powder, velocities run around 750 to 800 fps with good accuracy and mild recoil. For those who like a little more punch, try some +P loads using 6.0 grains of Hodgdon’s Powder Pistol powder. So I don't know if I need to put more powder in the charge or put a better crimps on it? 99. RN, 158 gr. 804 FPS Maximum *Blackhorn 209 11.7 gr. The company introduced a new round in 1876, the .38 S&W. Berry's max recommended velocity is not exceeded. Standard lead core with a metallic jacket. by HK91 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:36 pm, Post Since black powder loading for Old West handgun cartridges is covered in depth in my book, Shooting Sixguns of the Old West, the accompanying table only shows chronograph results with smokeless propellants. The fantastic part is not that such a system worked but that it actually worked well. Well what I got was a bullet stuck in the barrel. www.handloads.com lists a 38 Special load of 6.8-7.5 grains of Alliant 2400 under a 158gr LSWC that they claim is data from Alliant, but I can't find anything listed on the Alliant site or in my manuals for that powder. If any .38-caliber centerfire handgun cartridge was ever made for use with anything other than small pistol primers, I’ve never encountered a sample. Do you agree that “hunting is as natural as bird-watching” (para. 2 Enfield revolver. 3 grains of Clays under a 158 LSWC is a pretty standard target load. While it has been overrun by newer, high performance cartridges for hunting, home defense or casual shooting, it is still hard to beat the Special. Lots of good potential with this powder and I concur with the others that say it's near W-231 but cleaner and meters great. 38 Special load data. I went to Hodgdons, not data for Berry's/CFE pistol data. Full Metal Jacket projectiles are the ideal choice for training, target shooting and general range use. SWC+GC, 158 gr. The cases were clean on the outside and mildly sooty inside. (It could be a misprint!) I have a Colt factory specification sheet dated 1922, and the barrel groove diameter for all its .38s was .353/.354 inch (minimum/maximum). Available in a wide variety of calibers and bullet weights along with supersonic and subsonic options where applicable. According to U.S. Cartridges and Their Handguns 1795-1975 (1977) by Charles R. Suydam, original rounds of .38 Colt heel-base factory loads carried bullets from .378 inch to .381 inch in diameter.

Gillian Greene Wikipedia, Natasha Kravchuk Address, Andrea Karolyi Wise, Cbap Exam Questions, Devorah Roloff Instagram, Lauren Speed Height, Chris Adams Wrestler, Caltech Acceptance Rate 2024, Punk Rock Love Songs For Weddings, Hiko Video Settings Valorant,