Finishes include black synthetic, Mossy Oak, Shadow Grass, Blades camo and walnut. Interestingly, a friend who is also the former chief of wildlife management for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, reported the same point of aim/point of impact variance. Receiver is shorter than Versa Max so the balance is near center and it feels lively. That gives the perception of reducing the length of pull, even though at 14¼ inches it actually matches the Versa Max. The 11-87 is a more advanced design than the 1100. I don’t remember one malfunction occurring. I got it when I replaced the Rem Chokes with Brownells 3-Gun Extended Choke Tubes. The VersaMax did it while possibly being the softest shooter around, all because of a revolutionary gas operating system called VersaPort. Valves within the pistons open and vent the remaining gas out the forearm. Remington won a industrial manufacturing award for the quality control standards for the 11-87. The receiver is shorter than the Versa Max, with a natural consequence of a shorter length of reach. Bryan Hendricks, an avid shotgunner, is the Outdoors Editor for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock, Arkansas. The factory Full choke hit well to the right. The V3 Pro Series Waterfowl model has two options with a Burnt Bronze Cerakote barrel and receiver with Realtree Max 5® or Mossy Oak® Shadow Grass Blades™ Camo. A higher point of aim would have improved the scores. These chokes reduced the point of aim/point of impact discrepancy dramatically, but not perfectly. For the V3, Remington also retained the Versa Max’s VersaPort gas system, which regulates gas pressure based on the shell length. How to Hunt Whitetail Buck Rubs During the Rut, How to Hunt Whitetail Deer During the Rut’s Chasing Phase. All of Remington’s new Pro Series V3 shotguns feature an oversized bolt or charging handle and an oversized bolt release. My scores with the Full, Modified and Improved chokes were 20, 19 and 21, respectively. Firearms engineers have long known the faster the gases are captured and used to work the action of the shotgun, or ported out of the system, the less recoil will be transferred to the shooter. I see gun writers get hammered all the time because folks think the writer (A) has no experience with guns and doesn’t know what he or she is talking about, (B) gets a lot of free stuff from gun companies and will never say anything bad about any gun, or, (C) has no experience with guns and doesn’t know what he or she is talking about. No matter what you do, there will be some in the peanut gallery that will accuse you of fawning to a gun company; it just comes with the territory of being a gun writer. The entire firearm can be disassembled with only a punch. These can be a big advantage when handling the gun in reloading situations, when gloves and too much adrenaline can get in the way. It placed 77 pellets in the square, 25 of which hit the far right quadrant of the square, and 21 hit the bottom quadrant. I fired one round with each choke tube at a cardboard target 25 yards away. All of Remington’s new Pro Series V3 shotguns feature an oversized bolt or charging handle and an oversized bolt release.

Mazda 323 Protege 2003 Fuel Consumption, Lawrence Tech Scholarships, Heritage Furniture Company, Rosemary Lane London, Pella Lifestyle Sliding Door Installation, 3rd Trimester Ultrasound What To Expect, Mi Router 3c Update File, Water Based Concrete Sealer Vs Solvent Based, Mazda 323 Protege 2003 Fuel Consumption, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer Song,