Feel free to contribute! Atlantic Starr, Empire of the Sun: Sharon Bryant (born August 14, 1956, Westchester County, New York) is an American R&B singer. Atlantic Starr left Warner Brothers for Arista in 1994 and released Time, placing a minor pop hit with “I Remember You,” another melodic, formulaic ballad. Produced by Bobby Eli, founding member and lead guitarist of Philadelphia studio group MFSB. Weathers left the group in 1988, to be followed by a string of female leads over the next decade. She left the group in pursuit of a solo career in 1984, and had moderate solo success with that effort. Eli went on to produce the band's second album, Straight to the Point; while that 1979 release did OK, A&M knew that Atlantic Starr could be bigger. The nine-member band were now A&M employees. And when 1999's Legacy was distributed by the small, independent Street Solid label, Atlantic Starr unveiled yet another lineup – one that consisted of two Lewis Brothers (Wayne and Jonathan) as well as Oliver (who had returned and replaced Tanner) and a new male singer named DeWayne Woods. Carmichael went on to produce 1982's "Brilliance" (which contained the number two R&B single "Circles") and 1983's Yours Forever; the latter includes "Touch a Four Leaf Clover," another major hit featuring Bryant. mode: 'thumbnails-rr1', However, significant crossover success (onto the pop charts) did not come until halfway into the 1980s, with the release of their album As the Band Turns (their last on A&M Records), and the single "Secret Lovers". iloveoldschoolmusic.com. Produced by Eli in 1978, Atlantic Starr's self-titled debut album wasn't a mega-platinum blockbuster but did reasonably well and contained the funk hit "Stand Up" (which made it to number 16 on Billboard's R&B singles chart). They are best known for the hits "Always", "Secret Lovers", "Send for Me", "Circles", "Silver Shadow" and "Masterpiece". Time (which was David Lewis' last album with the band) found a fifth female singer, Aisha Tanner, replacing Oliver. Atlantic Starr left Warner Brothers for Arista in 1994 and released Time, placing a minor pop hit with “I Remember You,” another melodic, formulaic ballad. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. While never achieving supergroup status, Atlantic Starr was one of the most consistently successful – and underrated – soul bands of the 80s, with a basketful of memorable songs that still sound good today. They travel all over the world, sharing their love for the one whom as they put it,”removed them from that world and brought them out of darkness into His marvelous light.”, Mrs. Lewis was no stranger to getting around. The 80’s balladeer scored major hits with “Rock Me Tonight,” “Jam Tonight” and “You Are My Lady” but as R&B gave way to hip-hop, Freddie’s smooth style came under tough scrutiny. ", The band continued to score hits on both the R&B and Pop charts into the early 1990s.

Russellville Arkansas Real Estate, Tile Adhesive Not Setting, Sliding Door Plan Cad Block, Water Based Concrete Sealer Vs Solvent Based, World Of Warships Redeem Code 2020, Ayr Police Incident, Uncg Spring 2021 Registration, Redmi Note 4 Amazon 64gb Price,