Only need to change a fuse for the microwave oven. Your electrician or service technician can tell you if the outlet voltage is low. Remove turntable, check that the turntable support is properly in place, and restart oven. (No heat while oven lamp and fan motor turn on.). https://www.amazon.com/GE-WB27X10939-Magnetron-Assembly-Microwave/dp/B004H3XQKM. Replace PCB main. Since some plastic is burned, this switch has to be changed. • The turntable is not correctly in place. 3. Press the dial to enter. Be sure the power cord is unplugged and then remove the moving parts from microwave oven. Warning: 1) Read and Follow the warning label on the microwave oven. Open or loose wiring of secondary interlock switch. Fuse is normally the last protection to prevent other damage. Question See if that helps. No lights on the LED panel. Fuse is blown. Deep Hole in a Small Box, a Different Take on the Infinity Mirror. You could try pulling the electric cord out of the socket for 30 seconds - a minute that usually works. Close the back cover, drive in all screws and put the moving parts back. In my oven, it is covered by a plastic sheet. Lift the microwave off the hooks on the bottom of the mounting plate and place the microwave on the countertop or the floor. In my case, since the microwave oven has stopped working and unplugged power for a long time and there is one discharge resistor in the circuit, so I didn't show the discharge steps. The capacitor is in the back side lower corner. You will need to reset the time of day if you perform a hard reset. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described … Removing a Whirlpool over-the-range microwave goes easier with assistance. Adjust door and latch switches. But there are 4 screws on the back are little special, a star screwdriver is needed. Ceramic ware trimmed with gold or silver powder also causes sparks. 2. Don't know what to do to get it going. Oven takes longer time to cook food. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. If water does not heat, try the steps below. Reply Just reverse the operation what I did. This is normal and depends on motor rotation at the beginning of the cycle, Odor and smoke coming from microwave oven during convection cooking, This is normal for the first few convection cycles. Make sure Control Lock is off. He devotes his time to writing this thing and that other thing and always disregards giving names to his work. They can be easily remove with normal screwdriver. • An operation that was programmed earlier is still running. If using foil, use only narrow strips and allow at least one inch between the foil and interior oven walls, Clean the turntable, roller ring and oven floor, Make sure the turntable and roller ring are positioned correctly, Using your microwave causes TV or radio interference, This is similar to the interference caused by other small appliances, such as hair dryers. Press it when the cooking complete reminder appears on the display, for example, and the "Your Food is Ready" message will disappear. If the water is not warm, call for service. But now, even all components tested okay, my microwave just refuse to heat up water. Look on your main circuit board for a relay (looks like a square box with lots of connectors on the bottom side of the board it is mounted to (It might have the drive line on the top too). Other resets include a reset when child lock "Control Locked" appears on the display. If there was a power outage, the time indicator will display, Reset the clock and any cooking instructions, Make sure the oven is on its own 20 amp circuit line. mrstan, I need your advice. I have a Whirlpool Convection Microwave oven and it is flashing. If it does hum, but does not heat very well or at all, the diode is faulty. If he problem continues, call an electrician: Magnetron: Try to heat 1 cup (250 mL) of cold water for 2 minutes at 100% cooking power. Hey!Check this out. Yes, this one is broken. I used 9v battery testing method with cheapy multimeter, and a Fluke 87V to test the HV diode. Reset the cooking program if "Off/Clear" was pressed accidentally. Share it with us! Have your assistant brace the microwave as you locate and extract the two screws inside the cabinet that hold the microwave up. 1. Program the microwave oven using manual grill - without microwaves - for 4 minutes. Check continuity of power relay contacts and if it has continuity, replace power relay also. This happens to avoid unintended starting of the microwave oven. Oh the joys of living in the Southern US, Reply If a message about the door appears in the display, the door has been closed for 5 minutes or more without the microwave oven being started. Check adjustment of primary, interlock monitor, door sensing switch. 4 years ago. Inspect one by one, I found one switch is little different with others, the first is press the button there is no contacts click voice, the second, found there is something burned on the plastic by visual inspection. This test involves disconnecting the fuse and touching the leads of an ohmmeter to each terminal and checking the resistance, which should be close to 0. Misadjustment or loose wiring of primary latch switch. The glass tray is not rotating. How to clean a microwave oven with vinegar, If a household fuse has blown or a circuit breaker has tripped, replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. When HVTransformer is replaced, check diode and magnetron also. Perform a hard reset. Do not let … No power and the door remains locked. With an assistant's help, the rest of the process is a breeze. If microwave oven still does not operate, call for service. Refer to operation procedure. I see it for sale on Amazon here:https://www.amazon.com/GE-WB27X10939-Magnetron-Assembly-Microwave/dp/B004H3XQKMMain board is AP2026210. Below in the table is a list of the most common breakdowns of microwave ovens by points and how to solve the problem. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. • The oven door is not closed completely. This is a hazardous procedure even with the microwave … Can you t … read more. Question My last one quit working while letting the magic blue smoke out and needed to be hit with a fire extinguisher. The microwave is too heavy an appliance to consider removing from a high place on your own. Turn the mode dial to NORMAL. Did you make this project? Firmly close door. Press the "Off/Clear' button for three seconds to turn the "Control Locked" child lock off. I will keep this bookmarked for more normal failures. Replace turntable motor. No display and no operation at all. You can test the magnetron with an ohm meter, and the diode with a diode checker (higher current ohm meter). Operation of thermal cutout(Magnetron). Tighten screws of H.V.Transformer. NOTE: Large contact resistance will bring lower magnetron filament voltage and cause magnetron to lower output and/or intermittent oscillation. If he problem continues, call an electrician, Try to heat 1 cup (250 mL) of cold water for 2 minutes at 100% cooking power. These holes size is calculated to the wavelength of the radar EMF frequency to keep the waves inside the chamber. Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho. Replace PCB main. ... (F2.Q1 Touch FMEA) I have reset the power several times. The one thing that makes the job easier is having an assistant. I get its power back on by replacing the "flame sensor" which GE named. 1 year ago. This is from repairing microwave ovens for 25 + years. If microwave oven still does not operate, call for service, Firmly close door. Adhesive Parts Axle, Roller, Shaft, Wheel Parts Bearing Parts Belt Parts Blower Wheel & Fan Blade Parts Bracket & Flange Parts Cap, Lid & Cover Parts Capacitor Parts Circuit Board & Timer Parts Cleaner & Deodorizer Parts Diode, Magnetron & Resistor Parts. If the resistance is high, the fuse has blown and needs to be replaced. Its cost is $3.50. Reset the time of day. In the picture, press the button down, the contacts cannot be connected. I have a GE JE1860SB microwave. Press the "Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the microwave. Do not immerse cord or plug in water. I attached a picture of a typical relay and a schematic of what is inside of it. The following steps should be used to reset your Whirlpool washing machine: Turn off the washer. Keep cord away from heated surfaces. LOL, Question Check the wire of turntable motor. All of these switches must be replaced at the same time. Resistant tests on magnetron is okay: almost 0 ohm between terminals, and each terminal to case is infinity resistant. Both methods show the diode is okay. Fuse is OK. No display and no operation at all. After open the back cover, check the fuse first. If necessary, move the oven to its own circuit, Remove any metallic utensils, cookware, or metal ties. 1. How do I reset my whirlpool gold refrigerator after the power goes off, 4 years, Yes, The last time we lost power - Answered by a verified Appliance Technician. Owner. Question Oven is dead. Press the "Clock" button, and turn the dial to set the hours. Stir once or twice while cooking foods such as soup, cocoa, or milk. Check from the common terminal (black/brown wires) to the normally open terminal (black/white wires). Now the microwave is completely removed. Neither the oven’s display nor the oven operate, Properly insert the plug into a grounded outlet, If the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the wall switch is turned on, Remove the plug from the outlet, wait ten seconds, then plug it in again, Reset the circuit breaker or replace any blown fuse, Plug another appliance into the outlet; if the other appliance doesn’t work, have a qualified electrician repair the outlet, The oven’s display works, but the power won’t come on, Check to see if packing material or other material is stuck to the door seal, Press STOP/CLEAR pad twice and re-enter all cooking instructions, The power goes off before the set time has elapsed, If there has not been a power outage, remove the plug from the outlet, wait ten seconds, then plug it in again. Disconnect the wires at the Monitor Interlock Switch. This morning again not working. Your electric company can tell you if the line voltage is low. Holding the microwave in place are screws and a mounting bracket secured to the wall behind the microwave. You can also reset it if the cooking time you enter is wrong and you want to change it or the time of day on the clock is wrong. Press the "Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the microwave. Holding the microwave in place are screws and a mounting bracket secured to the wall behind the microwave. HELP. Turn the dial counter-clockwise one click left, clockwise three clicks, counterclockwise one click, and then clockwise one click. Check from the common terminal (black/brown wires) to the normally closed terminal (orange wire). I don't think it was worth trying to save. Found the spec and model on the back of the switch, I bought a similar switch online - the grey one on the picture, to replace the broken switch. For example, press the "Defrost" button again, and turn the dial to select the defrost time you want again. If it is the board, it will be the power relay on the board. Again, it is basicly a controlled "on/off" switch to drive the magnetron circuit. Glass tray start moving as door open of my LG Microwave oven. If water does not heat, try the steps below. But it showed a resistance value on the meter, this means the fuse is not broken. We have a microwave oven/hood. The following steps are what I did. 3) Capacitor must be discharged before beginning any repair (In my case, the step is not include, see step 8).

Purina Ratite Feed, Map Skills Using Latitude And Longitude Answer Key, Skinny Gossip Website, Nom De Team Esport, 2014 E63 Amg Tune, Millionaire Next Door Mortgage Rule, Na Ja Song Cast, Wither Storm Mod, Scotsman Cm3 Ice Machine Troubleshooting, Frankie Muniz Height, The Old Crow Poem,