Anyone who owned the guns wouldn't want to get rid of them.'. Until several years ago, the Schuylkill River Trail existed in unconnected sections known by the names given to them locally. Elite FBI Unit Searches Schuylkill River FBI agents pull gun from the murky water By Dan Stamm • Published July 15, 2013 • Updated on July 16, 2013 at 1:57 pm By continuing to use the site, you accept our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Five rifles and one shotgun were found in the Schuylkill River at the Keim Street bridge Tuesday morning by teenage boys swimming and looking for crawfish along the banks. Website. To request removal of your name from an arrest report, submit, Americans Head To Polls Amid 'Most Deadly Phase' Of Virus, The Evolution of Painting; copying a portrait by Velasquez, WEBINAR: The Impact of the US Presidential Election, Learn How To Get A $200 AT&T Visa® Card When You Sign Up For TV, CONCERT: Wayne Oratorio Society Orchestra in Concert, Medicare Information Seminar - Complimentary Breakfast. However, she said she would expect nothing less from them given their background and experience with firearms. Schurr said it's most likely the guns were taken during a burglary somewhere and dumped in the river. In the "Thunder Gun Express" episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Frank Reynolds (played by Danny DeVito), steals a tourist ferry and travels down the Schuylkill River, noting that it's "the depository of all the unsolved crimes and murders in Philadelphia." Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Even after their neighbor's business had a fire and they were working out of a smoke-damaged shell of the original shop, they never stopped serving their customers. very low FFL transfer fees. Schurr said Carpenter and Vigil did the right thing by telling an adult about the guns who in turn reported their discovery to police. 119 Washington St. Tamaqua, … SHG is 15 miles away from me but I continue to rely on Joe and Ken when I have any interest in a particular model or if I'm shipping one of my guns that I have sold. He called back to the station to get someone with waders to come out and look around in the water for other guns that could be in the water. Schuylkill Gun Works - 501 Route 61 South, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972 - Rated 4.9 based on 6 Reviews "Best Gun Shop around!! Have a large supply and assortment of handguns, firearms, pistols, and rifles. Oct 12, 2017 12:15 pm ET. Also, in the "Mac Day" episode, Mac (played by Rob McElhenney), declares that part of his "Mac Day" will include the gang filming scenes for his series "Project Badass" over the Schuylkill River with his cousin Country Mac (played by Seann William Scott). Always there to help in a pinch. NORTH COVENTRY - Two North Coventry teens swimming in the Schuylkill River Tuesday morning were looking to catch crawfish but ended up fishing something a little more unusual out of the water. Police said the body was that of a white male in his 50s and was suffering form a gunshot wound to the forehead. The Relay is divided into six, five to six mile legs. The Schuylkill River Relay is a rain or shine, 50K race that starts and finishes at Lock 60 on the Schuylkill Canal in Mont Clare, Pennsylvania (adjacent to Phoenixville). Go elsewhere unless you want to be treated like a third class citizen. bkessler@pottsmerc.com, This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Schurr noted it is both for safety and the preservation of evidence that police would want any weapons discovered by someone in the public to leave them untouched. 'The boys have been through hunter safety and gun safety and they would never fool around with a gun,' she said. The man was pronounced dead at 10:55 a.m., police said. Wish a fire permanently put this business under. Best friends Hunter Vigil and Andrew Carpenter, both 15, found six long-barrel guns in the Schuylkill's waters when they jumped in near the Keim Street Bridge. Carpenter joined Vigil looking for the guns, and they proceeded to fish them out of the water and lean them up against the bridge pillar closer to the Pottstown side of the bridge. -1 for customer service if your a stranger coming in. Anyone with information on the guns that were found in the Schuylkill River Tuesday may call North Coventry Township Police at 610-323-8360. Vigil said 'the last thing we need' is to have stolen guns or guns used in a crime in their possession, and it was an obvious choice to report what they found. The Rifler Gunsmithing. Police did not provide further information but Patch will update the story as more details are made available. Even after their neighbor's business had a fire and they were working out of a smoke-damaged shell of the original shop, they never stopped serving their customers. 'I was swimming, I was upstream, I heard him yell, and he was like 'There's a pile of guns,'' Carpenter recalled as the boys stood near the Keim Street Bridge Tuesday before noon. Henderson said she was proud the boys did the right thing by calling her and in turn allowing her the opportunity to report the guns to police. OK. You have permission to edit this article. (570) 668-4532. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}. Aid stations occur at the transition points. We are eastern PA class III gun shop. 'If someone were to find them, leave them there,' he said of someone who finds guns or other weapons. (Photo by John Strickler/The Mercury), North Coventry road crew worker Steve Shillinger waded across the Schuylkill River and carried weapons back to North Coventry police.

Lawrence Tech Scholarships, Easyjet Recruitment Process, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Columns, World Of Warships Redeem Code 2020, Water Based Concrete Sealer Vs Solvent Based, K-tuned Muffler Sound, Cable Modem Reboot Due To T4 Timeout, Sliding Door Plan Cad Block, Uncg Spring 2021 Registration, Ashi Advanced First Aid, What Is Acetylcholine,