Afridi helped in the lower order by scoring 24 and taking two crucial top order wickets to help guide Pakistan to a 43-run victory and their first ODI series win in two years. [25], Afridi was drafted to the Pakistan senior national team after fine performances at the under-19 championship circuit starting the 1994–95 season. [57], Afridi was charged on 8 February 2007 of bringing the game into disrepute after he was seen on camera thrusting his bat at a spectator who swore at him on his way up the steps after being dismissed. Despite earlier criticism, many fans commented and circulated that he should not be sorry, with many from India supporting him. Most Afridis speak a northern variety of Pashto known as Afridi Pashto.. Hij heeft twee dochters met haar, Aqsa en Ansha.[7]. [115] Sarfraz Ahmed was appointed as Pakistan's T20I captain following Afridi's resignation. [50] However, on 27 April he reversed his decision, saying that "[Woolmer] told me that I am one of the main players in the team and squad and that Pakistan really needed me". Their traditional homeland is in Khyber and Darra Adam Khel in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan and smaller parts of Nangarhar, Afghanistan.[2]. Afridi nam de taken van aanvoerder over van Younus Khan in juni 2009 en werd officieel tot aanvoerder benoemd van het ODI elftal voor de 2010 Asia Cup. promotes the subject in a subjective manner, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Shahid Afridi reveals name of Indian cricketer behind his nickname ‘Boom Boom’", "Shahid Afridi Profile – ICC Ranking, Age, Career Info & Stats", "Shahid Afridi reveals his real age in autobiography", "Afridi not retiring from T20Is, but steps down as captain", "Boom Boom Afridi: 13 Records That Still Stand Strong", "#OnThisDay: Afridi struck the fastest ODI century then – Cricket – Dunya News", "One-Day Internationals / Batting records / Most sixes in career", "Leading Wicket Takers in T20 Internationals", "Shahid Afridi quits Afghanistan T20 League after Pakistan Cricket Board snub", "Shahid Afridi announces retirement from international cricket", "World XI vs West Indies T20: Shahid Afridi receives guard of honour as he bids farewell to International career", "Afridi, Malik to play for World XI against West Indies – The Express Tribune", "Pakistan Legend Shahid Afridi Decides to Call it a Day at Lord's", "Shahid Afridi tests positive for Covid-19 | ESPNcricinfo.com", "Shahid Afridi tweets to say he has tested positive for Covid-19", "Pakistan great Shahid Afridi tests coronavirus positive", "PSL: 'Peshawar is close to my heart,' says team owner Javed Afridi", "My grandfather was ‘Ghazi-e-Kashmir’, therefore Kashmir belongs to me: Shahid Afridi", "Modi will be remembered as 'Hitler' after death: Shahid Afridi", "7 Pakistani celebrities who married their relatives & kept it to the family", "Afridi's century surprises many including himself", "17 years on, Afridi's fastest ODI ton record remains intact", "Records / One-Day Internationals / Batting records / Fastest hundreds", "C&G Trophy semi-finals: Afridi big hit as Leicestershire march to Lord's", "Samuels set records in World T20 finals", "Australia complete one-day series sweep over Pakistan", "Afridi banned for two T20s for ball-tampering", "Shahid Afridi to lead in Asia Cup and England tour", "Afridi hints at Test return after scandal-hit England tour", "Pakistan's captain Shahid Afridi 'raised concerns about Mazhar Majeed two months ago, "Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Wahab Riaz and Imran Farhat also fix – Majeed", "Statistics / Statsguru / S Afridi /One-Day Internationals", "Mohsin defends picking team without coach's input", "New Zealand v Pakistan, 5th ODI, Hamilton", "Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi to decide future 'shortly, "Dailytimes | All-rounder Afridi insists farewell match is his right", "Shahid Afridi: Pakistan all-rounder quits international cricket", "Shahid Afridi won't stay on as captain after World T20: PCB chief", "I'm not fit to captain Pakistan – Afridi", "Waqar Younis blames Shahid Afridi for World Twenty20 exit", "Can't understand how my report get leaked: Waqar Younis", "Intikhab Alam lays into Pakistan's World T20 captain Shahid Afridi", "Shahid Afridi doesn't attend PCB inquiry committee meeting as daughter hospitalised", "Shahid Afridi offers video apology after World T20 debacle", "Afridi says he's not retiring from T20Is, but steps down as captain", "Sarfraz Ahmed named Pakistan's T20I captain", "Bye-bye 'Boom Boom' as Afridi ends international career", "Afridi, Malik & Perera added to ICC World XI squad", "Eoin Morgan cracks finger, out of World XI T20 against West Indies", "Peshawar Zalmi win Pakistan Super League 2017", "Afridi also moves to Karachi Kings ahead of PSL drafts", "Afridi announces exit from Peshawar Zalmi", "Afridi released by Karachi kings ahead of PSL drafts", "Afridi retained by Multan Sultans ahead of PSL drafts", "Afridi for Paktia; Rashid Khan to represent Kabul in APL T20", "Eoin Morgan to represent Dublin franchise in inaugural Euro T20 Slam", "Inaugural Euro T20 Slam cancelled at two weeks' notice", "BPL draft: Tamim Iqbal to team up with coach Mohammad Salahuddin for Dhaka", "Chris Gayle, Andre Russell and Shahid Afridi among big names taken at LPL draft", "Revealed: Ravi Shastri gave Shahid Afridi the nickname 'Boom Boom, "Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com", "Records / One-Day Internationals / Batting records / Most runs in career", "By the numbers: Boom Boom goes bang bang", "Afridi's maiden T20 hundred leads Hampshire rout of Derbyshire", "Steve Smith modelling his bowling action on Shahid Afridi", "Steve Smith, CPL cricket: Shahid Afridi action helps former Australia captain – Fox Sports", "Shahid Afridi among world's top 20 charitable athletes", "Afridi named among world's most charitable athletes", "Shahid Afridi ranks alongside Ronaldo in 'most charitable athletes' list", "Afridi called in to shoulder anti-polio drive – The Express Tribune", "Statistics / Statsguru / T20 Internationals / Bowling records", "Records / Twenty20 Internationals / Bowling records / Most runs conceded in career", "Afridi hat-trick, Hales blinder light up T10 League's opening day", "Younis Khan receives presidential award", "President Mamnoon confers civil awards on Yaum-i-Pakistan", "No talent in Pakistan, I am still better than most: Shahid Afridi – The Express Tribune", "Sorry, no talent in Pakistan: Shahid Afridi – Cricket – Dunya News", "Shahid Afridi clarifies 'lack of talent' statement – The Express Tribune", "Shahid Afridi trolled for chewing tobacco on live TV on Defence Day", "Shahid Afridi denies chewing 'tobacco' during Pakistan national event after video goes viral", "Afridi denies reports of taking 'naswar' during Defence Day ceremony", "SHC directs Shahid Afridi to respond to Rs 60m damages lawsuit", "Former Pakistan cricket captain says his daughters are forbidden from playing outdoor sport", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shahid_Afridi&oldid=986229186, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. [83] After beating the West Indies in the quarter-final, with Afridi taking four wickets,[84] Pakistan were knocked out of the semi-finals in a 29-run defeat to India. [138] Afridi has moved about the batting order, and this lack of consistency has made it difficult for him to settle. In March 2016, Pakistan was unable to make it to the semi-finals in the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 after losing to New Zealand, India and Australia. III, Published by Asian Educational Services, History of the Pathans by Haroon Rashid Published by Haroon Rashid, 2002 Item notes: v. 1 Page 45 Original from the University of Michigan, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Theory of Pashtun descent from Israelites, Afridi demographics in Pakistan and Afghanistan, "Afridi demographics in FATA and FR Kohat", "The History of Herodotus Chapter 3, Verse 91; Written 440 B.C.E, Translated by G. C. Macaulay", https://www.tastecooking.com/the-end-of-afghan-cuisine-in-pakistan/, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Afridi&oldid=984073999, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing additional references from August 2019, All articles needing additional references, "Related ethnic groups" needing confirmation, Articles using infobox ethnic group with image parameters, Articles with unsourced statements from June 2020, Articles with unsourced statements from September 2012, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 18 October 2020, at 00:45.

Rachael Carpani 800 Words, Family Feud Mommy All Answers, Drastically Changed Synonym, Is Marcus Rashford Married, Noah Fant Jets, Pat Priest Lds, How Much Does Alan Davies Get Paid Per Episode Of Qi, Bt Wholesale Speed Test Further Diagnostics, Contact Phlash Phelps, Reel It In Roblox Id,