Mason Fire & EMS Dept.
Assistant Fire Chief
Full time Assistant Fire Chief.
The town of Mason is looking for a full time Assistant Fire Chief, with the expectation of becoming the full time Fire Chief in 2022.
- Assist with the overall planning, direction, and administration of fire, rescue, and emergency services, overseeing and participating in the preparation of files and records.
- Assists in budget preparation and personnel management and recruitment; coordinates departmental activities with other departments and agencies; evaluates subordinates.
- Participates in, or commands Fire and EMS incidents.
- Attends and assists in the instruction of departmental training.
- Ideally the candidate would live in Mason or alternatively live within a 15-mile radius of the Mason Fire Dept.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge of the following
- Principles and practices of fire modern fire suppression, rescue techniques, and emergency medical services
- Incident command of fire and rescue operations
- Hazardous Materials Incidents, Awareness and Operations
- Operation and maintenance of apparatus and equipment
- Supervisory principles and practices
- Applicable life safety codes
- Schedule and implement effective training procedures
- Supervise others at fires and other emergencies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public
- Perform with physical endurance and agility typically found on an emergency scene
- Must pass a firefighter physical (NFPA 1582) prior to hiring
EXPERIENCE and LICENSES:
- Career OR Level 2 firefighter; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum 10 years of service as a firefighter with 5 years in a supervisory position
- Valid NH CDL-B driver’s license, with tank and air brake endorsements.
- Must hold a valid NREMT certification with a NH provider license OR acquire one within 6 months of employment
- $55,000/year as Asst. Chief
- Final compensation commensurate with job experience
- Medical/Dental – 80% Town / 20% Employee
- NH Retirement
- Life Insurance $25,000
- Monday through Friday days 7 AM – 4 PM
- Available for training 1 Sunday AM and 1 Thursday PM for training with the possibility of using flex time
- Expected to respond to large incidents on weekends or evenings
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to Administration@masonnh.us or mail to
16 Darling Hill Rd
Mason NH 03048
Deadline to submit required information is June 30, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to Administration@masonnh.us