Website New Boston Fire Department
Per Diem Firefighter/EMT
The New Boston Fire Department is accepting resumes for the position of Per Diem Firefighter/EMT. This position reports to the Department Chief of Operations and will be a 10-hour shift, 0700 -1700 hours with shifts scheduled during the weekday. Applicants must be a New Hampshire licensed EMT (EMT-A or Paramedic preferred), Pro Board certified firefighter (Pro Board Firefighter level 2 or higher preferred). This position is responsible for fire suppression, EMS services, Fire Prevention, and some personnel training.
Position Title: …….Per Diem Firefighter/EMT
Division: …………….Fire Department
Supervised by: ……Fire Chief/Fire Department Administrator
Supervises: …………None Currently
Status: ………………. Exempt / Per-Diem
Schedule: ……….. 10 hours/shift
Compensation…… Based on qualifications and experience
General Position Description
Performs a variety of tasks related to emergency responses to fire and EMS calls as well as non-emergency tasks such as the maintenance of department equipment, apparatus and stations and administrative support.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Utilizes and maintains Fire/EMS related equipment and gear.
· Respond to fire and rescue calls while on duty.
· Performs patient assessments, care, and transports to area hospitals.
· Utilizes self – contained breathing apparatus and PPE as necessary to create a safe working environment.
· Communicates with dispatch, law enforcement department officers and related personnel for the accurate and efficient dissemination of information.
· Performs duties at the assigned station i.e., cleaning and maintaining Public Safety facilities and equipment.
· Must drive and operate apparatus, and be qualified under the Department Driver Testing Program for all vehicles.
· Must maintain required license/certification levels, maintain at least a CDL-B with Tank endorsement, EMT license level hired at, and Firefighter certifications hired at.
· Assists administration with specific assigned duties such as answering phones, entering data, and reports.
· Maintains and implements a positive work environment with department staff, supervisors, and the public.
· Participates in training activities as mandated.
· Performs related duties as directed by Department Officers.
· Assists in other district administrative activities, as assigned.
· 911 Addressing
· Assists in training new employees, as assigned.
· Instructs classes in assigned subject areas.
· Assists in developing plans for special assignments, i.e., emergency preparedness, training programs, firefighting, hazardous materials, emergency aid activities, and NBFD map books.
· Performs other duties (such as Public Information, Public Education, etc.), as assigned.
· May perform and assist with inspections and pre plans
· Participates in public education and department activities.
Education and Experience:
· Pro Board Certified Firefighter
· Nationally Certified EMT – (w/current NH provider license)
· CPR certified
· High school diploma
· New Hampshire driver’s license w/CDL-B tank endorsement
· Nationally Certified EMT- P or EMT-A preferred
· 3+ years’ experience at current certification
· Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid New Hampshire CDL-B driver’s license.
· Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
· Must meet insurability requirements of district insurance carrier.
May include any or all of the following: Formal application; review of education and experience; written and/or assessment center examination; oral board; complete background/driver’s license verification and check; hiring list; offer of employment; post-offer physical examination, including drug screen.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Vehicle, radio, pager, personal computer, calculator, phone, first aid equipment, hazardous materials detection equipment, photographic equipment, general safety equipment, water flow equipment, electronic testing equipment, other general fire prevention equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; walk; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. SFD maintains a drug-, alcohol-, and tobacco-free environment
All interested candidates should submit a letter of interest along with their resume to:
Asst Chief Brian Dubreuil
4 Meetinghouse Hill Road. New Boston, NH 03070
Or electronically to – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org