Website NewtonFireNH Newton Fire & Rescue
Newton Fire / Rescue is currently seeking eligible candidates for the positions of per-diem / part time Firefighter / Emergency Medical Technician
A per-diem Firefighter/EMT shall be responsible for the efficient performance of required duties in conformance with the rules, regulations, and policies contained in the manual of department operations. Duties shall consist of but are not necessarily limited to, several general fire and rescue responsibilities necessary for the stability of safety in the community.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Responds to all incidents while on duty for which he/she is qualified and performs necessary fire suppression activities, EMS activities, etc.
• As directed, Firefighters shall make searches of the building interior for rescue purposes. Utilizes techniques of ventilation and applies knowledge of hydraulics and effective application of water or other materials for suppression of fire.
• Firefighters shall enter burning buildings with the necessary equipment taking direction from an officer in charge.
• Receives training and general instruction from officers in firefighting and rescue techniques and procedures.
• Once qualified shall drive apparatus to emergency scenes, positions, and sets up apparatus according to accepted practices or directions.
• Performs general upkeep and maintenance of fire station, apparatus, and all equipment.
• Shall hold and maintain a valid driver’s license (CDL Class B with tanker shall be preferred)
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Shall meet the Certifications of Firefighter Level I / National Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (Firefighter II or AEMT/Medic shall be preferred).
• Ability to listen and follow orders in emergencies.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
Working 12 – 14 hr weekend shifts
· Starting pay scale shall be as follows, Firefighter only $18.00 per hour, Firefighter/EMT $20.00 per hour
All candidates must pass a background check, a driver’s license check, and a complete firefighter physical before being appointed to the department.
Any questions, please contact Fire Chief John R. Alcaidinho at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a job application with all training and EMS records. Applications are available at the Fire Station located at 8D Merrimac Road Newton, NH 03858
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com