This program provides the aspiring fire and emergency services instructor with basic knowledge to prepare and deliver modern training programs. This course is a hybrid class; meaning the course is comprised of both in-class, and online assignments and lectures. Regular internet access is required to be able to complete the online component of this course. After completing the course the student will have met the sections for Fire Instructor I in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1041, 2012 edition, professional qualifications standard. Students who successfully complete the certification process will be ProBoard Certified as Instructor I.
Pro Board Accredited
- and/or Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician (or above)
- International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA) Fire and Emergency Services Instructor, 8th Edition (provided)
- (optional supplement) IFSTA Fire and Emergency Services Instructor Study Guide
- Students are required to wear business attire for each class. Male students Shirt and tie with appropriate pants and shoes. Female students suitable business attire such as blouse with skirt or slacks Suits and department uniform shirt with tie and formal pants are also acceptable. Students may not wear jeans, shorts, t-shirts, sweatpants, sweatshirts, or sneakers to class.
- Computer with reliable internet access
Date(s): January 10, 2022 - February 28, 2022
Scheduled Days and Times: Mondays 08:00am to 4:30pm
Registration: November 23, 2021 at 00:00 - January 06, 2022 at 00:00
Date(s): March 29, 2022 - May 14, 2022
Scheduled Days and Times: Tuesday and Thursday 5:00pm to10:00pm, Saturdays 8:00am to 5:00pm
Registration: January 28, 2022 at 00:00 - May 14, 2022 at 00:00