Weare Fire / Rescue Department
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Fire Chief and other department personnel. (25 hours per week)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the clerical duties of the Weare Fire / Rescue Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position: Perform department clerical duties as assigned, to include:
- Enter information into department databases when directed.
- Send correspondence as directed.
- Answer routine questions from the public.
- Pick up department mail and correspondence and distribute on a daily basis.
- Distribute mail to the finance department for bill pay.
- Complete weekly payroll as directed.
- Assist with all tasks and duties to include filing of personnel records, maintenance of the department’s operational budget and making purchases when directed.
- Support all Fire Department members as directed.
- Website and Facebook Updates.
- Act as an Issuing Agent for written burning permits.
- Perform other duties as directed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other duties as directed by the Fire Chief.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
COMPLEXITY: The position includes a variety of duties and the ability to multi task.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The scope of the position includes assisting the Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief and other department personnel with clerical duties for the Weare Fire / Rescue Department.
PERSONNEL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with the Fire Chief, other fire department personnel, state regulators, other municipal officials, co-workers, other town employees, town residents, and the general public with any matters concerning the Fire Department.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position requires no management responsibility, however it requires you to work independently with careful attention to details.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate.
- Three years of responsible office administration experience.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Strict observance of confidentiality is a must when dealing with fire and medical records.
- Valid NH Operator Driver’s License.
- Preference will be given to an EMT, or AEMT
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE & USE REQUIREMENTS: Working knowledge and experience with computer to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet search engines. Experience with clerical duties including filing, bill paying, ordering supplies, etc. Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees. Other equipment includes shredder, telephone and copier.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Typical office environment does not require much physical strength. However high energy is required to multitask. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands. Employee must occasionally lift, carry, and move up to 25 pounds, sometimes reach above and below shoulder height.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work for this position is performed in an office setting working on a computer, with infrequent interruptions by the public. When in the office you may be exposed to unnatural light, office equipment noises, office product chemicals, air conditioning, etc.
WORK SCHEDULE: The work schedule is at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
n application form is available on line at The Town of Weare website. The Weare Fire / Rescue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range is $17.50 – $20.50 per hour depending on experience.
Application, Cover Letter and Resume should be mailed to or left in person at: Weare Fire/ Rescue, 144 North Stark Highway Weare NH 03281. (ATTENTION FIRE CHIEF). The position will remain open until filled.