INSTRUCTIONS: Please provide the following supporting documentation of teaching experience as outlined in Saf-C 5909.04(e):
One of the following:
- A bachelors or advanced degree in education;
- Completion of educational training in the post-secondary educational setting;
- An active license as an EMS Instructor from another state; or
- An active license as an educator from a NH authority.
AND all of the following:
- A current NREMT certification at or above the EMT level;
- A current NH EMS Provider license;
- Two letters of recommendation from currently licensed NH EMS I/Cs; and
- If you do not have a college diploma, please include a copy of a high school diploma or GED (per Saf-C 5909.04(a)(1))
Professional Educator Challenge Application
Once your documentation has been determined to meet all requirements, you will be required to:
- Conduct a 20-minute lesson on an EMS topic as graded by a panel of evaluators according to a rubric.
- Pass the Fire and Emergency Services Instructor III written exam.
You will have one attempt to complete this process. After successfully completing this process, you will need to submit an Initial EMS Instructor Coordinator Application. Once your application has been approved, you will receive a Provisional Instructor Coordinator License and begin the I/C mentoring process.