Website Deerfield Fire Rescue
POSITION: Part-Time Firefighter / EMT Positions
As of 07/10/2023 the Deerfield Fire Rescue Department is looking to fill part time “Firefighter / EMT” positions within the department.
Minimum Requirement Include:
· National Registry & NH EMS License (AEMT preferred)
· Certified Firefighter Level 1 (Firefighter 2 preferred)
· Valid NH Driver’s License (CDL-B with Air Brake & Tank endorsements preferred)
The department is looking to fill multiple part time on-call positions; applications accepted until filled. Compensation will vary depending on certifications and experience. Candidates will be expected to pass extensive background check and pre-employment medical exams including drug screening and physical tests.
Interested Candidates are asked to submit cover letters and resumes to:
Town of Deerfield NH
Attn: John Harrington
PO Box 159
Deerfield NH 03037
Ref: Part Time Firefighter / EMT Position
An online application can be found at the following link:
Cover Letters and Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled.
The Town of Deerfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See attached job description.
Posting: July 10, 2023
Part Time FF/EMT Job Description
The following minimum requirements shall apply to the position of Part Time Firefighter / EMT.
1. National Registry & NH EMS License (EMTA preferred)
2. NHFSTEMS Accepted Firefighter 1 Certification (FF 2 preferred)
3. Valid NH Driver’s License (CDL w/ Air Brake & Tank Endorsements preferred)
The following are examples of the scope of work the PT FF/EMT will be expected to perform including, but not limited to:
1. Respond to Emergency Calls
2. Respond to Public Assists
3. General Station Upkeep (Cleaning / Maintenance)
4. Light Apparatus Maintenance & Cleaning
5. Daily Truck Checks
6. Administrative Duties assigned to specific individuals by Department Officers.
7. Assist with life and safety inspections.
8. Maintain appropriate level of physical fitness and job-related training.
9. Promote a positive work attitude and contribute to a positive department morale.
10. Other Misc. Duties and Tasks assigned by officers of the department.
Work Hours: On Call – will depend on scheduling and need.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org