Nashua Fire Rescue
Perform Firefighting and Emergency Medical Services to the City of Nashua and any mutual aid communities who request aid.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Candidate must hold a minimum of Pro-Board Firefighter II Certification. Candidates holding out of state certification must provide a letter from the New Hampshire Fire Standards and Training granting equivalency and/or reciprocity prior to date of hire.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians – EMT Basic Certification. Candidates holding out of state certification must obtain National Registry certification prior to the close of application. Candidates are required to maintain a current certification throughout the hiring process.
- Current CPR Certification. Candidates are required to maintain a current certification throughout the hiring process.
- Must have current (within 26 months of date of hire) Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) as required by the State of NH Division of Fire Standards and Training. For applicants with out of state CPAT certifications you must submit your certification to the NH Fire Standards and Training granting equivalency prior to date of hire.
- Ability to pass Pre-Employment Physical Screening per NFPA 1582, “Standard on Medical Requirements for Firefighter”
- Ability to pass Acrophobia Ability Test – 100’ Aerial Ladder Climb as required by the State of NH Division of Fire Standards and Training, administrative rule “Part 702”
- Ability to pass 1.5 mile run in 12:00 minutes or less
- Candidate must not have been convicted of a felony under federal law, the law of this state or any other state
- No more than three (3) points in three (3) years on your Driver’s License for moving violations
- No DWI convictions within seven (7) years
- No convictions involving the transportation of alcohol or drugs within seven (7) years
- Ability to pass a comprehensive motor vehicle record check
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
- NH CDL-B with airbrake (or obtain within three (3) years of hire)
Candidates must submit copies of the following-
- Firefighter II certification
- Current CPR Card
- Current NREMT Card
- Current CPAT Certificate
- Current Driver’s License
- Highest level of education completed (H.S. Diploma, GED or College Diploma)
Applicants without New Hampshire Fire Training and Standards Certifications may acquire a letter of Equivalency from the Fire Academy. For more information please go to https://nhfa-ems.com/fire-certification-reciprocity/
City of Nashua is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Recruiting practices shall be consistent with State and Federal Law (11/16/2017)
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.