Managing Hypothermia and the Near Drowning Patient
February 16, 2023 @ 18:00 - 20:00
This module will focus on our management of patients in varying states of hypothermia, specifically managing the hypothermic patient and identifying what tools we have access to for assessment and treatment. As water rescues also may involve hypothermia management, this course will also cover water safety and how to manage the near drowning patient.
– How to assess and handle hypothermia in the prehospital setting.
– How does hypothermia affect us?
– What assessment tools should be implemented on the ambulance for the hypothermic individual?
– What steps should be taken to stabilize the hypothermic pt?
– Identify the safety risks associated with the near-drowning pt?
– What are the different phases of drowning?
– What changes between a cold water immersion vs cold water submersion?
Registration is only permitted within the defined registration window. Prerequisites must be met at the time of registration. Applicants will be notified within two business days with the status of their applications. Courses where pricing is listed as "grant funded" covers course tuition only. Overtime/backfill eligible courses will be specifically noted.
Registration Opens: Monday December 19, 2022 @ 08:00 Registration Closes: Friday February 10, 2023 @ 16:00