Physiology, Pathology, and Bloodless Medicine
April 5, 2023 @ 09:00 - 11:00
Blood, literally the life of living organisms, is fascinating. In this presentation we will look at 3 topics. First, we will examine the Physiology of blood and its main components. Second, we will review common Pathology and diseases that involve blood. Last, we will consider an emerging trend, Bloodless Medicine. We will consider case studies of this emerging trend and some of the outcomes.
1. Identify the 4 main components of blood
2. Understand the functions of the 4 main components
3. Identify common pathology of blood disorders and diseases
4. Understand alternatives of bloodless treatment
5. Understand resources that are available for the treatment of certain patients
Registration is only permitted within the defined registration window. Prerequisites must be met at the time of registration. Applicants will be notified within two business days with the status of their applications. Courses where pricing is listed as "grant funded" covers course tuition only. Overtime/backfill eligible courses will be specifically noted.
Registration Opens: Friday January 20, 2023 @ 08:00 Registration Closes: Wednesday March 29, 2023 @ 16:00