|This two-hour continuing education will focus on trauma-induced cardiac arrest’s unique circumstances and requirements. We will look at how it happens, what’s going on inside the body, and what we can do to give our patients the best chance at survival. This session will be appropriate for all levels of EMS providers.
• Describe the epidemiology of trauma-induced cardiac arrest
• Recall the fundamental anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
• Discuss the pathophysiology of trauma arrest
• A quick note about commotio cordis
• Apply acute care interventions to stabilize patients in traumatic cardiac arrest
• Review modern standards of treatment and compare them with NH protocols
• Evaluate future treatment modalities available to EMS
Registration is only permitted within the defined registration window. Prerequisites must be met at the time of registration. Applicants will be notified within two business days with the status of their applications. Courses where pricing is listed as "grant funded" covers course tuition only. Overtime/backfill eligible courses will be specifically noted.
Registration Opens: Thursday April 20, 2023 @ 08:00 Registration Closes: Thursday July 13, 2023 @ 16:00